Piano Mix is packed full of brilliant music that has been specially arranged for easy piano. It’s a whirlwind of styles and genres from centuries ago through to the present day, and the repertoire reflects the type of music in our Piano syllabuses.
In Piano Mix 2 the pieces are mostly at Grade 2 standard, helping pianists progress to Grade 3 towards the end of the book. The series has been compiled and edited by David Blackwell with arrangements by Alan Bullard, Nikki Iles, Christopher Norton and Tim Richards to name a few. Every arrangement is enjoyable to play because it fits well under the pianist’s hands while remaining faithful to the original work.
Well-known music includes 19th-century favourites Scheherazade and the ‘Trout’, ballet music from Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker and ‘The Muppets’ theme tune. There are also lots of unsung melodies to be discovered, like China’s ‘Kangding Love Song’ and a traditional Scottish piece called ‘Roaring Jelly’.
From the orchestra to the opera and from folk to jazz, there’s a world of music at your fingertips!
- Jupiter: from The Planets, Op. 32 [Gustav Holst]
- Man is for the woman made: from The Mock Marriage, Z. 605 [Henry Purcell]
- Roaring Jelly [Trad. Scottish]
- Kangding Love Song [Trad. Chinese]
- The New Trout: from Piano Quintet in A, D. 667 [Franz Schubert]
- La Mourisque [Tylman Susato]
- The Merry Villagers: from Peasant Cantata, BWV 212 [Johann Sebastian Bach]
- Rondeau: from Abdelazar, Z. 570 [Henry Purcell]
- Old Joe Clark [Trad. American]
- Rondo: from Cello Concerto No. 2 in D, Hob. VIIb:2 [Joseph Haydn]
- Match of the Day [Barry Stoller]
- Romance: from Piano Concerto No. 20 in D minor, K. 466 [Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart]
- Scherzo: from Serenade in D for String Trio, Op. 8 [Ludwig van Beethoven]
- March: from L’Arlésienne, Suite No. 1 [Georges Bizet]
- Andante: from Trumpet Concerto in E flat, Hob. VIIe:1 [Joseph Haydn]
- Largo: from Symphony No. 9 ‘From the New World’ [Antonín Dvorák]
- Low Bridge, Everybody Down [Thomas S. Allen]
- Entr’acte No. 3: from Rosamunde, D. 797 [Franz Schubert]
- Oberek [Trad. Polish]
- The Liberty Bell [John Philip Sousa]
- Allegretto: from Clarinet Quintet in A, K. 581 [Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart]
- In the Mood [Jo Garland]
- Dance of the Reed Pipes: from The Nutcracker, Op. 71 [Pyotr Il'yich Tchaikovsky]
- The Kalendar Prince: from Scheherazade, Op. 35 [Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov]
- The Muppet Show Theme [Jim Henson / Sam Pottle]