Core Classics is a collection of seven books of music from the piano canon, selected and graded by leading educationalists. Each volume contains a rich selection of engaging pieces to form the backbone of any pianist’s repertoire. With pieces from Beethoven, Haydn, Mozart and many more, this book includes an abundance of much-loved music.
Each book is authoritatively graded, with pieces gradually increasing in difficulty throughout. The books are equally valuable for learners working towards a grade exam, between grades, or playing for leisure, building technical skills and confidence.
- Sarabande, from English Suite No. 3 in G minor, BWV 808 [Johann Sebastian Bach]
- Dumia [Naji Hakim]
- At Evening (Des Abends), Op. 12 (Book 1) No. 1 [Robert Schumann]
- Impromptu in A flat [Franz Schubert]
- Rondo, Third movement from 'Pathétique' Sonata in C minor, Op. 13 [Ludwig van Beethoven]
- Allegro, First movement from Sonata in A [Marianne von Martinez]
- Intermezzo in Bb, Op. 76 No. 4 [Johannes Brahms]
- Consolation No. 3 in Db, S. 172/3 [Franz Liszt]
- Allegro, First movement from Sonata in B flat, K. 333/315c [Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart]
- Prelude in C sharp minor [Fryderyk Chopin]
- Air an Doubles n E [George Frideric Handel]
- Rumores de la Caleta (Murmurs from the day): No. 6 from ‘Recuerdos de viaje’, Op. 71 (Travel Impressions) [Isaac Albéniz]
- Presto, Second movement from Sonata No. 6 in C [Johann Hässler]
- Fantaisie in E minor [Felix Mendelssohn]